January 20, 2009

Menon Mansion!

For the longest time i have been saying that I am gonna be leaving 59PC. Well now its happened. I am officially no longer a resident of 59PC. I am curently residing at the "Menon Mansion". :D

People tell me its an upgrade. I don't disagree. However, there are certain mitigating factors which make this move bittersweet. I hope to cover most of them as I ramble on. Sure it's a bigger house but that's what it is, a house not home like 59PC. That's not to say that this won't become home sometime in the future. In the words of Bodo (Mr. Nair knows exactly what I am saying) "Yaar, feel nahin aa rahi!" My room is quite massive, but the way I see it, its gonna be tough to fit in the entire 59PC into 1 room. :P I am quite sure about one thing though, the bathroom, well in my case the bathrooms are quite the upgrade. Why Bathrooms? you ponder, well that's coz i have 2. W00t! :) Here's the thing, I have a big ass Bathroom, it has an Emergency exit and a connected toilet. But connected to that connected toilet is another full fledged washroom complete with a men's urinal (literally). The second bathroom is apparently for guests who are at the Garden Parties thrown at the premises :) Did i mention the sprawling Lawns and the OUTDOOR BAR! Hell yeah!

Moving on, the compound of the new place is quite the shizzle! Massive with a veggie field out back. Mom though was sceptical about how long it would take to get things in order and grow our own veggies. Carrie (short for Caramel, our dog) ofcourse is having a good time. When left outdoors, she has new places to explore. Luckily for us the compound is quite secure and she can't really escape to roam Anthony's or Vajpayee's place. Sorry to name drop, but i have quite the lot of neighbours. The name board outside commands a salute and i am filled with pride everytime i am entering the house! :) I shall be putting up snaps soon enough and will put up the link here!

Staying with me parents, is quite the task for a freebird like me. I do have quite the cool dude and dudette as parents but our ideas of what's good for arjun are quite varied and hence a source of tension. Cost savings is one thing which i will probably enjoy. After remaining broke for the longest durations, the thought of actually having money in my account at the end of month is really awesome :) The food is definitely way better now!! WAY BETTER!! Last night i had the BEST Biryani on the planet. Followed by some aweomse biscuit pudding. Probably second best. The one I have whenever in jaipur, that is the best :) Don't worry, if you ever visit me and my house, you shall get to enjoy the food.

Whenever i will be able to, the parties that i throw will be LEGEN.... wait for it..DAIRY!! Of course pretty much every weekend at 59PC was Legendairy! (In case you are reading this Anju & Mekh, i know the spelling is wrong) My commute to work as i have discovered the past 2 days has increased atleast 15-20 min depending on traffic. Last night, getting home was quite the drive because there were Jams everywhere! The one thing which is quite sad is that nowhere closeby is there a fricking shop. CP is closeby, as areKhan and Bengali Markets but ,christ, just to buy a pen, I will have to drive a good 15 min, pay for parking and what not. That sucks! Also the environment is a little too formal. I can't do anything in the house without somebody knowing.

One thing that I will definitely enjoy is playing my guitar. In case i did not announce it earlier, I now own an electric guitar. Mid may, or even before I shall be inviting people for a concert featuring the immensely talented Zinc. While i had planned this when my parents will be out of town. I was amazed when dad suggested this on sunday evening. I was like, yea sure why not!! Please visit http://myspace.com/zincdelhi and let me know if yall want a CD which these guys put out. Super stuff!! :)

I think this is enough rambling for today. Please Please comment on my writing. Say something please.

Cheers

Important Dates to remember: May 11th and June 4th
The duration when my parents are out of the country and Menon Mansion is open for business :)

6 comments:

Deepak said...

dude....does it beat the biryani we had at nagpur...that was the best I have had my entire life....anyways did you mean May 4th to June 11th or only those two days in specific...I am game for a holiday around that time...but we ought to do leh also if I come there

Neo said...

Yup.. this is as good if not better... oh and i have mentioned the dates... May 11th and June 4th. That's the duration when i will have menon mansion to myself... I am fine with a holiday in Leh... Just get cracking on the dates so i can plan well in advance and get everything in place :) Aite... Aur apne blog pe kuch naya likh saale... :P

Anonymous said...

I must say ! Impressive blog ! You do have quite the talent to write ...

Looking forwarding to pics of 16 Akbar Road , there on I can tell some of my friends to SUCK ON IT !!

Toodles ,

KG

Anonymous said...

dude.. the blog is awe... and hope you've made way for a lota matter.. SOME
hahahhahaha
its my own version of legen"dairy" .... congrats on owning a smoking exit in your bathroom
and also, seeing that im not gonna be there for the inaugaration of the "mension" (thats what im callin it..... and the concert... could you please take a video and upload it on you tube or something i would love to see you play the guitar with those guys
anyhoo....... once again, the blog was phenomenonnal.......

Anonymous said...

i did realize the 'dairy' was deliberate :P Nice post. Looking forward to the housewarming (hint, hint).

Anju said...

I feel so privileged about my name being there :P
I knew you couldn't have made a mistake! He he..
Can't wait to come.. I know I've been saying that for 4 years now, but its happening soon!!!