September 30, 2008

59PC!


If you have even been to 59PC you will relate to this a little more than others but this is an informational blog and 59PC holds a special place in my heart. 59PC for the lesser informed is the place where most people land up to meet up with friends and have a good time. Also known to host movie premieres as well as preview shows, its a place where booze tends to find its own way in not to mention "piggie fests" when certain guests are in town! Aite, aite, its my pad, my place of residence, my personal heaven on earth.

I have hosted my share of parties over the past few years, mostly with the help of my friends. Am gonna mention a few names who have not only instigated me but have helped me on my way by way of preparing funky invites, assured participation and most importantly sourcing of both food and drink! Let me name the chosen few who have had a hand in making 59PC what it is! First and Foremost, Shyam "Jack", Tanya "NOT SPOILT", Mekhala "Mekhu", Madhav "Jackass" aka Bodo, Dheeraj "DJ", Debahuty "Piply", Madhur "Madzy", Anuj "Sunny" (who knew his name was Anuj?). Guest Appearances from Arjun "Arjun" Mohanrao, Meenakshi "Meen", Dilpreet "Preeto", Jaspreet "Jas" (yeah idiot), Aman "The dude" (He let me drive his civic), Saurabh, Sorabh "My man" Mohey, Utpal "Uppu", Sahil "Idiot" Butz, Jauymini "JB". Food provided by Usha Aunty and the SAC's Hut! If i have missed your name please forgive me. But right at the end, i must mention one more name without which 59PC could never have been the place it is now. That name is Krishna "Kicha" Menon. Ma brudder is the guy who has showered his "love" (means gadgets) upon me. Heck some of them he dont even know about!! :)

Anyway coming back to the place. Well 59PC is located in the New Delhi cantonment area. Indirectly it means that the surroundings are nice and green and the weather is cooler (temp wise) than outside the cantt area! Most of the time my friends are able to enter the cantt area without a problem but on occasion i have had to pull my weight (which is a lot) to get them in. Even after entering the cantt people tend to get lost inspite of enough signages, because of the multiple entry points into the area. Like typical armed forces accomodation it has been painted every year but still manages to look bad after the monsoon. I live on the first floor but with some amazing luck, i have rarely had neighbours! Even when they have been around, its always been for short duration. Short enough to give them the impression that the party must be a one off thing! :)

Anyway, other than being a party destination, 59PC also tends to multitask as a halfway house for me parents and Krishna. Aside from this the guesthouse is in full force for atleast a few months every year. The cab service run by yours truly runs through the year. I do it with a smile on my face because i have no other option! :) (see still smiling) Its a price i am very willing to pay for having the place to myself the rest of the time!

Of the parties that have been hosted on the premises a few very distinctly come to mind. These were those parties which took some planning and also led to shyam being sick for the next few days :P An example of his would have to be the "Bar Mitzvah" held in honour of Shyam and my birthdays. That was an awesome party although it ended a little early for me on account of the wastedness. Both hosts were out first!! We owed the continuation of that party to other people!! :D
Another awesome party was a brainchild of Shyam (Technically, he used to make all the invites) "Sharabian Nights" aka Beer and Biryani night. Ruddy brilliant concept and execution.

Of course the last big party of that nature was on Premiere Night. No invite was prepared but it really wasn't required. A big bunch of us got together to premiere "Life, Love & All That" and preview "Crouching Deepak, Hidden Shanbhag"
This was a quintessential shi shi fu fu party (thanks DJ) with some superb snacks presented even more superbly. It was night to remember, especially since it was also a farewell party to Shyam who is currently pursuing his Masters in Communication (Advertising)in the land down under!


Anyway let me close this post by saying that in all likelihood, 59PC is going to be invaded by parents by end of the year or i will have to let it go, so until then i am throwing an open invite to one and all to visit and enjoy the wonders of 59PC. I promise you a great time!

Cheers!!
Jack to you!



p.s Names in this post are a figment of my imagination. All the hard work and creativity is mine! :P JUST KIDDING! The names are not in order of preference! ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

First Post!!

Unknown said...

Such a lovely post!! Reminds me of all the wonderful parties that we have had!
I simply love this place!!

Neo said...

No-smoking in a pub means that I am pretty much never gonna go out again! :(

While the rule has a good thought behind it, the guidelines are just plain dumb... Ramadoss really needs to get laid or something! :D